12-Week Fall Publication Bootcamp
Want to publish but find yourself getting caught up in other obligations? Planning on publishing one of your conference papers, but finding yourself running around in circles? Need a group to workshop your paper with?
The Graduate School and Office of Postdoctoral Affairs invite all graduate students and postdocs to join a 12-Week Fall Publication Bootcamp!
Drop-ins welcome. No need to RSVP. While the outcomes of the bootcamp will be greatly improved with consistent weekly attendance, perfect attendance is not required.
What is it?
- A 12-week program based on the book "Writing Your Journal Article in Twelve Weeks" by Wendy Belcher
- Weekly 1-hour meetings during the lunch hour (bring your brown bag lunch)
- Step-by-step process of converting a conference paper or dissertation chapter into a publishable journal article
- Learn how to advance your argument, select a journal, review the literature, and strengthen the structure
- Work with your peers on brainstorming and editing your work
- Research has proven that writing in isolation is virtually impossible. This group is meant to provide a space to brainstorm with your peers, as well as edit each other's work.
- We provide accountability and structure when the usual advisers and peers are often unavailable.
- The art of the scholarly journal article is one of the most elusive structures and standards in the academic world. While it remains a mystery at first, it is a structure that can be taught.
- Publishing is the main key to success on the academic job market.
Who can join?
- Graduate students and postdocs with a course paper, conference paper or dissertation chapter they would like to publish
What should I bring?
- A notebook, pen, and brown bag lunch
When and where?
- The bootcamp will be held in UMC 425 except on the following days:
- September 19 will be in CASE W313
- October 17 will be in UMC 415
- November 21 will be in UMC 415
Thursday, November 21, 2019 at 12:00pm to 1:00pm
University Memorial Center (UMC), 425
1669 Euclid Avenue, Boulder, CO 80309