12-Week Summer Publication Bootcamp
Worried about the summer productivity slump? Planning on publishing one of your conference papers, but finding yourself running around in circles? Need a group to workshop your paper with?
The Graduate School and Office of Postdoctoral Affairs invite all graduate students and postdocs to join a 12-Week Summer Publication Bootcamp!
Drop-ins welcome. No need to RSVP. While the outcomes of the bootcamp will be greatly improved with consistent weekly attendance, perfect attendance is not required.
What is it?
- A 12-week program based on the book "Writing Your Journal Article in Twelve Weeks" by Wendy Belcher
- Weekly 1-hour meetings during the lunch hour (bring your brown bag lunch)
- Step-by-step process of converting a conference or course paper into a publishable journal article
- Learn how to advance your argument, select a journal, review the literature, and strengthen the structure
- Work with your peers on brainstorming and editing your work
- Research has proven that writing in isolation is virtually impossible. This group is meant to provide a space to brainstorm with your peers, as well as edit each other's work.
- We provide accountability and structure during the summer months when the usual advisers and peers are often unavailable.
- The art of the scholarly journal article is one of the most elusive structures and standards in the academic world. While it remains a mystery at first, it is a structure that can be taught.
- Publishing is the main key to success on the academic job market.
Who can join?
- Graduate students and postdocs with a conference or course paper they would like to publish
What should I bring to the first meeting?
- A notebook, pen, and brown bag lunch
When and where?
- Every Thursday from 12-1pm in the UMC,CASE, or Regent buildings (dates below):
- June 6 - UMC 245
- June 13 - UMC 245
- June 20 - CASE E351
- June 27 - UMC 245
- July 11 - CASE W313
- July 18 - Regent 1B27 (basement level)
- July 25 - UMC 245
- August 1 - UMC 245
- August 8 - UMC 245
- August 15 - UMC 415-417
- August 22 - UMC 245
- August 29 - UMC 245
Thursday, June 20 at 12:00pm to 1:00pm
Thursday, June 27 at 12:00pm to 1:00pm
Thursday, July 4 at 12:00pm to 1:00pm
Thursday, July 11 at 12:00pm to 1:00pm
Thursday, July 18 at 12:00pm to 1:00pm
Thursday, July 25 at 12:00pm to 1:00pm
Thursday, August 1 at 12:00pm to 1:00pm
Thursday, August 8 at 12:00pm to 1:00pm
Thursday, August 15 at 12:00pm to 1:00pm
Thursday, August 22 at 12:00pm to 1:00pm
Thursday, August 29 at 12:00pm to 1:00pm
See Locations Above
No recent activity