Allyship: Advancing Diversity and Inclusion Workshop
Are you interested in becoming an ally? You can start by learning the three basic steps to defining your allyship journey. As our society continues to be faced with a number of social crises, many people desire to take the necessary steps to be an ally for different groups, such as the AAPI community, the BIPOC community, or the LGBTQIA+ community. You can learn how to define and leverage your allyship, and walk away with a template to help guide your learning and steps for action.
After attending this event, the you will be able to:
- Define allyship
- Explain the importance of allyship
- Identify and apply effective ally behaviors
- Reflect on the impacts of their allyship
Who Should Attend
This workshop is intended for anyone on campus who is interested in how to become an ally, including faculty, staff, or students.
Cost: There is no cost for this course.
Clara Smith, PhD; Diversity & Inclusion Training & Development Specialist for Organization and Employee Development in the Department of Human Resources at CU Boulder.
Dates and Times of Upcoming Sessions
- In Person: September 18th, 10am - 12:30pm, Administrative and Research Center (ARC) Building, Room 346
- Virtual: December 5th, 1:30pm - 3pm, zoom
- Virtual: February 20th, 2024, 12pm - 1:30pm, zoom
- Virtual: April 4th, 2024, 10am - 11:30am, zoom
- In Person: May 8th, 2024, 10am - 12pm, Administrative and Research Center (ARC) Building, Room 346
Tuesday, December 5 at 1:30pm to 3:00pm
Tuesday, February 20, 2024 at 12:00pm to 1:30pm
Thursday, April 4, 2024 at 10:00am to 11:30am
Wednesday, May 8, 2024 at 10:00am to 12:30pm
Administrative and Research Center, 346
3100 Marine Street, Boulder, CO 80309