Art + Science + Action Partnerships Celebration
Registration appreciated by March 15.
Join us for an evening with artists at CU Boulder and across Colorado who are engaging art, science, scientists and communities to address climate change issues!
We will start with an informal gathering with light refreshments and then kick-off a series of lightning presentations by the artists on their art + science + community collaborations with time afterwards for Q&A with the presenters. Projects involve climate issues related to water, air quality and fire and involve practices such as collaborative crocheting, digital projections and citizen science, theater, visual art, music and more!
This event serves as a celebration of the efforts the 2021-22 cohort of the Art + Science + Action program is co-organized by the Office for Outreach and Engagement and Boulder County Arts Alliance (BCAA). Cohort members utilized the Guidelines for Art + Science Partnerships and other resources to address interrelated social and environmental community issues connected to climate change in Colorado.
Presenters and projects include:
- Community Crochet: Bringing the Coast to Colorado, Aislyn Keyes, PhD Candidate, E-Bio
- Climate Instruments, Jiffer Harriman, Boulder Experiments in Art and Technology (B.E.A.T.)
- Cultivating Resilience, Amy Hoagland MFA CU Boulder, Summer King, MA CU Boulder and Jullian Young MFA, DU
- THE END – a bus tour of Denver’s climate future and the The Ecosophical Library Ecological Design Thinking for Regenerative Futures, Control Group Productions, Patrick Mueller and Caroline Sharkey; Susan Atkinson, CU Boulder Environmental Design
- Rocky Mountain Wildlife: Animals and Advocates, Jill Bergman
- The River: Every Last Drop, Marilyn Leuszler, Trinidad, CO Creative District and Kimberley Bianca, PhD Candidate Critical Media Practices, CU Boulder
Wednesday, March 22 at 5:30pm to 7:30pm
R Gallery Wine Bar