Crucial Conversations for Mastering Dialogue
Crucial Conversations is a multi-day course that teaches skills for creating alignment and agreement by fostering open dialogue around high-stakes, emotional, or risky topics – at all levels of the organization. By learning how to speak and be heard (and encouraging others to do the same), you’ll surface the best ideas, make the highest-quality decisions, and then act on your decisions with unity and commitment.
The CU Boulder Department of Human Resources has teamed up with Crucial Learning to offer this important course to CU Boulder employees. Based on the national best-selling book Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking when the Stakes are High, the Crucial Conversations course teaches participants to speak persuasively, not abrasively; foster teamwork and better decision making; build acceptance rather than resistance; and resolve individual and group disagreements.
Who Should Attend
Crucial Conversations training is appropriate for employees at all levels of the organization. Supervisors, managers, and executive leaders will find the course to be particularly relevant to their work.
$250 (The course fee includes a Crucial Conversations Toolkit, cue cards for each lesson, a Crucial Conversations model card, a copy of the New York Times bestselling book, Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes are High, the Crucial Conversations audio companion MP3 download, and a course completion certificate).
Full Dates and Times of Upcoming Sessions:
- In Person: September 12th, 14th, 19th, and 21st, from 12:30pm - 4:30pm each day, Administrative & Research Center (East Campus) 346
- In Person: October 31st, November 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, 2023, 9am - 1pm each day, Administrative & Research Center (East Campus) 346
- Virtual: November 7th, 8th, 9th, 14th, and 15th, from 9am - 12pm each day, Zoom
- Virtual: January 23rd, 24th, 25th, 30th, and 31st, from 9am - 12pm each day, Zoom
- In Person: February 28th, 29th, March 6th, and 7th, from 9am - 1pm each day, Administrative & Research Center (East Campus) 346
- In Person: April 23rd, 24th, 30th, and May 1st, from 9am - 1pm each day, Administrative & Research Center (East Campus) 346
Tuesday, October 31 at 9:00am to 1:00pm
Tuesday, November 7 at 9:00am to 12:00pm
Tuesday, January 23, 2024 at 9:00am to 12:00pm
Wednesday, February 28, 2024 at 9:00am to 1:00pm
Tuesday, April 23, 2024 at 9:00am to 1:00pm
Administrative and Research Center, 346
3100 Marine Street, Boulder, CO 80309