Emotional Intelligence Series
Emotional Intelligence (EI) is the ability to recognize and understand emotions in yourself and others, and your ability to use this awareness to manage your behavior and relationships. EI has been shown to increase job performance, productivity, and personal excellence. Come to this 4-week series to explore this important ability and gain skills to improve your own emotional intelligence.
Participants will be able to:
- Define Emotional Intelligence (EI).
- Explain the business case for developing EI.
- Recall areas of the brain involved in EI.
- Describe the four elements of an EI model.
- Apply strategies to increase emotional competence.
- Construct an action plan to improve one’s own EI.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for individuals at all levels of the organization who want to enhance their interpersonal relationships by recognizing the impact their emotions and behavior have on self and others.
Each session is 2 weeks:
- 10/3, 10/5, 10/10, 10/12; 9am to 11am
- 5/7, 5/14: 8:30 - 12:30p
- 7/31, 8/7: 8:30 - 12:30p
There is no cost for this program.
Tuesday, May 7 at 8:30am to 12:30pm
Wednesday, July 31 at 8:30am to 12:30pm
Administrative and Research Center, 346
3100 Marine Street, Boulder, CO 80309