Greek Sustainability, popularly known as Green Greeks, is on a mission to help CU’s Greek community reduce its environmental impact. We aim to transform all chapter houses and annexes into prime examples of energy and water efficient living spaces, to foster greater environmental understanding, to teach proper waste diversion, to build positive lifelong habits and to shape the Greek community into champions of sustainability.
Green Greeks is comprised of representatives from each Greek house and the two Greek-wide sustainability coordinators who supervise their efforts. The goals of a Green Greek rep include establishing behaviors that aim to lower the carbon footprint, energy usage and wasteful tendencies of their house and active members; instituting recycling bins and composting bins; presenting about zero waste and promoting sustainability-themed events; and attending group meetings with the coordinators to discuss the challenges they encounter.
Specific Green Greek-Representative duties include
1. Remain in contact with coordinators about any issues regarding sustainability in their houses
- Post-presentation check-ins with coordinators and the house themselves
- At chapter, remind members of issues occurring in the houses and solutions to those issues
2. Have continuous watchful eyes on the disposal of waste in their house
- Make sure all bins stay in the same place and are labeled properly
- Inform peers on what waste goes in what bins
- Send pictures of bins to coordinators every two weeks to check up on waste
3. Recruit new members
- Make announcements at house chapter about meetings
- Post on Facebook/GroupMe about meetings
- Make Green Greek announcements in lectures
- Contact live-ins, younger chapter members and friends to join
4. Participate in postering, tabling and chalking
5. Organize sustainability events at Greek houses
Register by completeing the Green Greek Interest Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdaA6JT_Q-wUVAy699FsTB_MluJd6zCgwUDx8X8qzb09bL1cg/viewform
Email email@example.com for zoom link.
Thursday, April 21 at 10:00am to 5:00pm
University Memorial Center (UMC), UMC 355 (Environmental Center)
1669 Euclid Avenue, Boulder, CO 80309