Understanding how implicit bias works is one of the cornerstones of diversity, equity and inclusion principles. Implicit bias influences our decisions, actions and judgments, and can have negative impacts on marginalized and minoritized groups of people. Learn how our thought processes prioritize certain aspects of our interactions, communication patterns and evaluations, and come away with a variety of strategies that you can use to mitigate implicit bias.
By the end of this training, you will be able to...
- Explain what implicit bias is and how it works to influence our decisions, actions and evaluations.
- List five common implicit biases
- List five ways to mitigate implicit biases
- Explain how implicit bias has a negative impact on marginalized groups
Who should attend
This workshop is intended for staff and faculty who are interested in learning about implicit bias.
Clara Smith, PhD; Diversity & Inclusion Training & Development Specialist for Organization and Employee Development in the Department of Human Resources at CU Boulder.
There is no cost for this course
Full Dates and Times for Upcoming Sessions:
- In-Person: September 25th and 27th, from 9:30am - 12pm each day; Administrative and Research Center (East Campus) 346
- Virtual: October 17th and 19th, from 12pm - 2pm each day; zoom
- Virtual: November 14th and 16th, from 1pm - 3pm each day; zoom
- Virtual: December 11th and 13th, from 12:30pm - 2:30pm each day; zoom
- Virtual: February 13th and 15th, 2024, from 12pm - 2pm each day; zoom
- Virtual: March 5th and 7th, 2024, from 1:30pm - 3:30pm each day; zoom
- Virtual: April 9th and 11th, 2024, from 10am - 12pm each day; zoom
- In-Person: May 14th and 16th, 2024, from 9:30am - 12pm each day; Administrative and Research Center (East Campus) 346
Monday, December 18 at 1:30pm to 3:30pm
Tuesday, February 13, 2024 at 12:00pm to 2:00pm
Tuesday, March 5, 2024 at 1:30pm to 3:30pm
Tuesday, April 9, 2024 at 10:00am to 12:00pm
Tuesday, May 14, 2024 at 9:30am to 12:00pm
Administrative and Research Center, 346
3100 Marine Street, Boulder, CO 80309