Managers Academy: Employee Management and Compliance Essentials
The Employee Management and Compliance Essentials course provides a comprehensive overview for managers and supervisors of legal guidelines, campus policies, and CU-Boulder practices related to employee management and development.
The core curriculum includes:
- Pre-employment essentials (position management, compensation, and recruitment).
- Employee development guidelines and strategies (onboarding, performance management and progressive discipline).
- Special topics in employee management (federal and campus policies and procedures related to discrimination and harassment; the Americans with Disabilities Act; and the Family Medical Leave). In addition, participants will select two elective sessions from the following topics; Bystander Intervention, Writing Effective Interview Questions, Service Animals and the ADA, and Managing Difficult Employees
Anyone who supervises should attend this program. There is no cost to attend.
2021 Course Dates for Employee Management Compliance & Essentials
- Virtual/Online: Oct. 6, 13, 20, 27; 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. each day; Zoom
- In-Person: Nov. 30 & Dec. 2; 9:00 - 1:00 p.m. each day; Administrative Research Center (East Campus) 346
Wednesday, October 6 at 9:00am to 11:00am
Tuesday, November 30 at 9:00am to 1:00pm