Reinventing Yourself and Staying Relevant
This professional development workshop focuses on the importance of creating a unique niche in your department, which involves remaining flexible with and open to changes in your career trajectory, understanding your department's needs, and effectively integrating yourself into your department as an essential faculty member. Our panelists share their experiences with career-defining professional changes, adjusting to new departmental cultures and expectations, and finding ways to contribute uniquely to their respective departments. They will offer a few concrete (and memorable) suggestions that may help participants navigate similar challenges during their careers at CU. A 20-minute open discussion/Q&A follows.
- Becca Ciancanelli, Director of Inclusive Teaching Practices, University of Denver—formerly Inclusive Pedagogy Lead with CU-Boulder's Center for Teaching and Learning
- Tammy Fredrickson, Associate Clinical Professor and Director of Audiology Clinical Education, Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences Department
- Warren Sconiers, Associate Teaching Professor, Ecology and Evolutionary Biology Department
- Lev Szentkirályi, Assistant Teaching Professor and Faculty Director for Global Initiatives, Social Responsibility and Sustainability Division
For questions, please contact faculty fellow Levente Szentkirályi (email@example.com)
A Zoom address will be sent to participants after registering via Skillsoft.
Friday, January 27 at 11:00am to 12:00pmVirtual Event
- Event Type
- College, School & Unit
- Faculty Affairs, Faculty Development and Support
- Google Calendar iCal Outlook
No recent activity