Silicon Flatirons Conference: Private-Public Innovation Amid the Pandemic
The annual Entrepreneurship Initiative Conference is a cornerstone of Silicon Flatirons’ programming that brings together members of the Front Range’s regional entrepreneurial ecosystem with academia and other thought leaders to explore the latest trends, challenges, policy, and other factors impacting the startup community. The 2020 iteration of this annual conference explores private-public partnerships as a response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Conference spotlights two related and timely stories in Colorado. The first panel examines private-public partnerships as part of Colorado’s economic response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Entities including Energize Colorado, Startup Colorado, and the Council on Economic Stabilization and Growth have each been very active. The second panel analyzes private-public partnerships as part of Colorado’s direct monitoring and epidemiological responses to the virus causing COVID-19. On each panel, leaders involved in Colorado’s efforts will relay their first-hand experiences to date. Leaders will reflect on the promise and challenges of private-public partnerships to discuss the future as the pandemic continues to unfold.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Phil Weiser, Attorney General, State of Colorado; Founder and Distinguished Advisor, Silicon Flatirons
- Sarah Tuneberg, Lead, State of Colorado’s Innovation Response Team
- Federico Peña, Chair, Governor’s Council on Economic Stabilization and Growth (CESG); former Mayor of Denver; former United States Secretary of Transportation
- Wendy Lea, CEO, Energize Colorado
- Delaney Keating, Executive Director, Startup Colorado
- Tim Miller, Servant Leader, Citizen Software Engineers; former CEO of Rally Software
- Mike Johnston, President and CEO, Gary Community Investments
- Jim Linfield, Partner, Cooley
Monday, November 16, 2020 at 2:00pm to 6:00pmVirtual Event