Starting Blocks: A Workshop in Customer Discovery
This is the shortest “introductory” version of the I-Corps methodology which helps inventors build a customer discovery toolkit.
Starting Blocks, presented by Venture Partners at CU Boulder, is a 2-day workshop based on the Lean Startup methodology, specifically designed for university researchers commercializing their inventions. Starting Blocks consists of three half-day lectures on customer discovery and interviewing . Conduct 5-10 interviews during the week, done in a target industry as well as weekly check-in meetings with staff & mentors.
The core concept is to “get out of the building”—go talk to decision-makers in your industry to find out what they need your product to do. Starting Blocks teaches the fundamentals of how to use the scientific method to sort through many options and arrive at a path to market.
- Learn about the importance of customer discovery and finding a product-market fit using the I-Corps method.
- Become well-versed in basic business terminology and learn skills to help you connect with industry.
- Guide your team through six interviews with industry contacts to learn their perspective on your innovation.
- Help you accelerate the commercialization of your invention.
- Better position yourself to win proof-of-concept grants and licensing partnerships, land a spot at an accelerator and attract startup capital.
Friday, August 20 at 8:30am to 12:30pmVirtual Event