Webinar: The Art of Saying No
The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs invites postdocs to tune in to a webinar from the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD). All CU Boulder postdocs have access to NCFDD resources.
Mindy Thompson, associate professor at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, will lead a session addressing the points below.
- Are you confused about when to say "yes" and "no" to other people's requests?
- Do you often say "yes" to requests without realizing the impact that response will have on your time and productivity?
- Do you find yourself feeling angry and resentful during the academic year because you've said "yes" too often?
You're not alone! Many faculty (pre and post-tenure) find it incredibly difficult to sort out when, why and how to say "NO."
In this webinar, you will learn:
- The biggest mistakes faculty make in responding to requests
- How to identify and disrupt problematic patterns
- Our favorite strategies that you can implement immediately so you can add "no" to your vocabulary
Thursday, July 11 at 12:00pm to 1:30pm
No recent activity